Perform primarily policy and program development and advisory functions for the Executive Director/Deputy Executive Directors on the administration and implementation of laws pertaining to conciliation/mediation of labor disputes, voluntary arbitration and labor-management cooperation.
• Develop policies, plans, programs, standards, procedures, manuals of operations and guidelines pertaining to effective mediation and conciliation of labor disputes, voluntary arbitration and labor-management cooperation.
• Provide counseling and technical services in the promotion of voluntary approaches to labor dispute prevention and settlement as well as administering the voluntary arbitration program.
• Exercise technical supervision over the Board’s programs being implemented in the Branches.
• Coordinate and maintain linkages with other sectors and institutions as well as other government authorities concerned with matters relative to the prevention and settlement of labor disputes; and
• Assist the Branches in performing preventive mediation and/or conciliation functions, and in promoting other voluntary approaches to labor dispute prevention and settlement as well as labor-management cooperation;
• Conduct seminars, workshops, conferences and similar activities necessary for the effective undertaking of its functions;
• Perform such other functions as may be provided by law.